I'm Charles Wang and I am a first year PhD student in math at UC Berkeley. I am jointly advised by Lauren Williams and Bernd Sturmfels. I was previously an undergraduate student at Georgia Tech, and I was advised by Josephine Yu.
I am interested in algebra and combinatorics, though I am open to most topics. I am currently studying polyhedral combinatorics and relations to algebraic geometry and tropical geometry. I have studied algebraic statistics, in particular graphical models, and matroid theory as well.
My email address is email@example.com
- Macaulay 2 Workshop - June 4-8, 2018
- Joint Math Meetings - January 4-7, 2017
- Triangle Lectures in Combinatorics - Nov. 19, 2016
- UGA SWAG - Aug. 26-29, 2016
- TAAAG - Sept. 2-4, 2016
- Real Algebraic Geometry and Optimization - July 11-15, 2016
- Algebra, Statistics, and Combinatorics - June 27-July 2, 2016
- Economics and Tropical Geometry - May 9-13, 2016
- Budapest Semesters in Mathematics - Spring 2016